I'm a 30-something year old wife and mother of three wonderful boys. After many years of emotional & mental issues, medication issues and (obviously) food issues, I have ended up overweight and tired all the time. Knowing my illnesses will not get better if I don't become healthier I had decided to start the long journey to Weight Loss Surgery (WLS) to better myself. I want to be the fun, healthy mom... and dare I say it?... the 'hot mom' & wife. Here's my journey before and after my gastric bypass surgery, along with some recipes.

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Almost Half!


So... when you have weight loss surgery, nine times out of ten, the doctor will ask you what your goal weight is.  Mine, in fact, has asked me at every dr's appointment, which is totally fine with me.  Anyhoo - My goal weight loss number was to lose 148 lbs.  It sounded like a huge number at the time, but now it seems totally doable - - because.... I am almost HALFWAY THERE!  I am down a total of 71 lbs as of my weigh in on tuesday and I have 77lbs left to go.  I'm extremely happy that I can actually see my goal as realistic now.  This is amazing to me!  

Another big step for me - which I didn't even realize until I did it - was I can now cross my legs!  In the past, I would sit down, try to cross my legs and they'd just slide apart due to my thighs being so large.  I love my thighs, but I'd also love to be able to cross my legs.  Well, I sat down yesterday, without even thinking I tried to cross my legs and they STAYED!  I can cross my legs!! 


Another update on my health - - my mental health - - I had a therapist appointment yesterday and was informed that at the caloric intake number that I'm at, my daily function abilities will start to diminish.  She said my judgement will start to be impaired and my energy level will continue to decrease.  She let me know that a person needs a certain amount of calories in order for their brain to function properly, so I DO need to up my daily calories.  I try so hard - it's difficult when you're not hungry, to eat high(er) calorie foods that are still healthy enough to not make me sick.  I am just not hungry.  I eat so very little - that I've been adding in spoonful of peanut butter here and there, as my nutritionist suggested, but I'm barely getting to 600 calories a day.  Some days I get stuck at 380-400.  I realize this is not good for me, my body and my mind, but I'm doing my damnest to fix it and eat more and healthy.  It's a struggle... that's for damn sure!  It's a struggle!  

Either way - - I'm HALFWAY to my goal and on the right track.  Obviously I knew there would be struggles, so I'm not surprised, but I'm relieved that this surgery is actually working.  It's working and I'm halfway to my goal!!  Go me!!

Much love, all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment