Ever since I started working with Pure Romance, I have learned a lot about goals. I have a great support system with the ladies at work and my up-line is so knowledgable about goal setting and achieving. They encourage me to set awesome, realistic goals and then they help me figure out each step needed to succeed. Now, I set goals for work... my hobbies... my family... my boys... and my health. It's honestly a lot to keep track of - and I'm a paper and pen type of girl (I LOVE stationary!) so I have lists and goals written all over. The purpose of this story is that I have set myself a short term - weight loss goal and I'm putting it out into the cyber-world so that I may be held accountable.... another important part of setting a goal. Tell people so you're accountable!
My goal - for short term - is to weigh less than my husband by my birthday. I have 17 days to lose roughly 6 lbs. I am almost positive I can do it, but it'll take the same amount of work that I've been putting into my weight loss so far. As of my weigh in last tuesday, two days ago, I am officially down 68lbs from my surgery date, which is a huge success. I still feel fat and chubby and the same as I have always felt, but other people notice my loss, and comment, which makes me feel better.
I've noticed (on random thought) that I am capable of cooking sweets and un-healthy things for friends and potlucks and bbq's and not eat any of it. I'm very proud of myself. I'm glad I'm not the type of person that refuses to have those things in my house, or around me. My thinking is that if I'm not around sweets, I won't know how to resist them when they actually do show up. I can bake 24 cupcakes (12 PB&J cupcakes and 12 toffee cinnamon cupcakes, as I did this morning) and easily hand them over to friends, without eating them myself. This way, I know I can handle temptation, on that level, and I'll make the right choice. So - I suppose that's another goal of mine, to resist temptation. Yay!
Ok... so that's the update on how I'm doing... and my way of putting my goal into the cyber-universe in hopes that I'll stick to it and succeed. Hope you all are succeeding in your adventures, as well!!
Much love!


No comments:
Post a Comment