I've had to buy a belt - for the first time in years. I have a gap in my waistband of my jeans when I wear my belt. There's room in the thighs of my jeans. My shirts are roomy in the tummy area. Sleeves seem to be longer. The legs of pants seem to be longer - am I getting shorter, too?
I don't always look "put together" anymore - sometimes I look sloppy and frumpy. In the past, if I looked like this, it'd be because of my depression and I didn't care how I looked. Now it's because clothes are expensive and I can't afford to buy new ones (even 'used' new) every 2 weeks, so that they fit. Luckily, I'm somewhat of a 'cute clothes hoarder' and have kept a few pieces throughout the years that I was in hopes of wearing again. Eventually, though, those will run out their time and I'll be in the Goodwill again.
Just sharing my frustrations today... I'm happy about it, though, it's a good problem to have. None the less, it's a problem. It's also a good reason why I may look like crap, if you see me out and about and my clothes don't fit. It's because of my good problem.
That's me, today...
Take care!


No comments:
Post a Comment