I'm a 30-something year old wife and mother of three wonderful boys. After many years of emotional & mental issues, medication issues and (obviously) food issues, I have ended up overweight and tired all the time. Knowing my illnesses will not get better if I don't become healthier I had decided to start the long journey to Weight Loss Surgery (WLS) to better myself. I want to be the fun, healthy mom... and dare I say it?... the 'hot mom' & wife. Here's my journey before and after my gastric bypass surgery, along with some recipes.

Friday, September 25, 2015

Ups and Downs


I need to remember this - - that there WILL be stalls and there will be ups and downs.  Recently my scale showed that I had gained 2 lbs!  Oh my Lord I was about to panic - then I got my period.  (Sorry, TMI for the men that read my blog.... but it's a part of weight loss we women must deal with.)  So I gave myself an extra few days to get my weigh-in in.  After all is said and done, my weight has not moved, no loss or gain, from the previous week.

This sucks and I'm semi-bummed but I KNOW this is part of the journey and that I'll lose inches, not pounds sometimes.... so I'm dealing.  I will NOT make my goal to weigh much less than my husband before my birthday (in two days) but I have still lost a good deal and I'm happy with that. 

On the plus side... I am starting to see and feel a difference in my body size/shape.  I'm gaining a bit of self-confidence... not much, but a tad.  I'm noticing that I can feel certain bones that I haven't in many years - my shoulder bones, hip bones (Oh, there you are!), my knees are boney, my tailbone hurts like a mother-F*ker after sitting at a football game... ouch!  Miss that cushion back there.  I've also noticed some deflation in my boobies.  Size wise they are very much the same, just seem a bit deflated, which is strange.  O well.... side effects, I suppose.  

Ups and downs - - once again - - but I'm glad you guys are all along for my journey, as well!

Much love!


No comments:

Post a Comment