I'm a 30-something year old wife and mother of three wonderful boys. After many years of emotional & mental issues, medication issues and (obviously) food issues, I have ended up overweight and tired all the time. Knowing my illnesses will not get better if I don't become healthier I had decided to start the long journey to Weight Loss Surgery (WLS) to better myself. I want to be the fun, healthy mom... and dare I say it?... the 'hot mom' & wife. Here's my journey before and after my gastric bypass surgery, along with some recipes.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tuesdays Weigh In

So... today is Tuesday and that means it's my weigh in day at home.  I only do it once a week, as I mentioned before.  I'm happy to announce that I am no longer in a stall (just like my dr said would happen) and I have officially lost a total of 64 lbs.  That's 5 lbs since last tuesday, which I am THRILLED about.  I'm at a good number, however none of my jeans fit.  I've purchased a belt that is definitely going to get some use, because I can't keep buying new jeans.  10 days ago I bought a cute pair of jeans that now slide off if I'm not careful.  I just can't keep up.  Guess that's a good problem.

Also - totally unrelated - I got new glasses!!  TWO pairs of new glasses.  I now have 7 pairs, I believe I'm a bit addicted to cute, funky, fun glasses.... so much so that I also bought 2 extra pairs for my middle son, Carter.  We even have matching ones....  (everyone say "awwe"...) lol.


Back to the topic at hand... I've also learned that I can sit criss-cross on my recliner!  This is what we call an NSV (non scale victory) I believe I've mentioned them before.  This truly made me happy... I did it without even thinking then was like, Oh, look - I'm doing it.  Too funny.

Another NSV I had was when I went to watch our HS football team game at the stadium.  I easily walked all the way from the van to the stadium AND then walked halfway up the stadium seating to my spot without running out of breath or taking a break.  This may not sound like much to most people, but I haven't been able to do this without being winded for many years.  It was nice!!

Overall - not a too eventful day so far as my weight loss journey is continuing.  Surgeons office called this am to let me know my lab work came back and I need more protein and vitamin D.  She suggested I find Vit D drops and to eat my protein first.... I try, but I'll try to do better.  So... that's that.  I've lost 5 lbs since last tuesdays weigh in and I'm super proud!!  Yay!!


Much Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment