I'm a 30-something year old wife and mother of three wonderful boys. After many years of emotional & mental issues, medication issues and (obviously) food issues, I have ended up overweight and tired all the time. Knowing my illnesses will not get better if I don't become healthier I had decided to start the long journey to Weight Loss Surgery (WLS) to better myself. I want to be the fun, healthy mom... and dare I say it?... the 'hot mom' & wife. Here's my journey before and after my gastric bypass surgery, along with some recipes.

Thursday, September 10, 2015

PB&J Cupcakes * Recipe

So... not everything I cook is healthy, because I don't eat everything I cook.  Like I've mentioned before, there are people in my family that need to gain weight - as well as people that can eat what they want and their body naturally burns it off.  Anyhoo - I've decided to add un-healthy recipes as well as healthy recipes.  Just because - - it's my page, I'll do what I please.  =)

Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes

INGREDIENTS:
Vanilla cake mix (& ingredients to make it)
1/3 C sour cream
Favorite Grape Preserves
1/2 C Whipped cream
Tub of Vanilla Frosting
1 C Jiffy Peanut Butter (LOVE Jiffy!)
Bunch of mini table grapes, Black Corinth

DIRECTIONS:
1) Make cake according to directions but add in sour cream and fill sprayed cupcake liners 3/4 full.  Bake as directed on box for cupcakes.  When done, allow to cool fully.
2) I always flatten the tops a bit by cutting off the peaks, if there are any, that way they are easier to frost.  Then take a chunk out of the middles - core them.  I have a handy dandy cupcake corer my husband bought me... but you can also use a pairing knife.
3) Make jelly filling - - use 1/2 average size jar of grape flavored preserves, mix in whipped cream with hand mixer.  Once well blended, add in a good handful (or more if you prefer) of the mini grapes... carefully mix the 'goop' together, try not to flatten the grapes. 



4) Carefully spoon the grape mixture into the middles of the cupcakes until level with the tops.
5) Make the frosting - - Mix together your favorite vanilla frosting along with 1 C of peanut butter.  This will make it pretty darn thick - so I add in milk, a tablespoon at a time, until it's easily spreadable.
6) Frost all your cupcakes.
7) Sprinkled tops of cupcakes with a few extra mini grapes... and Woop Woop!! You have PB&J Cupcakes!!  They are YUMMY!!


I also made toffee cinnamon bun cupcakes.  Super easy, but I'll share my info... 
Make Vanilla cupcakes (with the sour cream) and mix in a good handful of Health Toffee bits into batter.  Fill cupcake liners, bake according to directions.  Make frosting - Pillsbury Cinnamon Bun frosting with 4 oz cream cheese & Tbsp of milk at a time, until smooth & spreadable.  Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle extra toffee bits on top.  These are so delicious.... but no worries, weight loss followers, I didn't and won't eat any of these cupcakes.  They are for friends, tonight.  



Hope you enjoy!!
Much love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment